January 10th, 2018
Deviant behaviour of white collar criminals
1) Describe why the behaviour is considered deviant. (This might appear more obvious in some cases than in others).
2) How do these deviants view their own behaviour? For example, do they regard their deviance as a one-time aberration or see it as a deviant career? Justify your answer.
3) In your view, what impacts (both positive and negative) does the deviant behaviour have on society?
4) In what ways has society responded or reacted to the deviance?
5) Provide an analysis of the deviant behaviour from the perspective of ONE OR MORE of the sociological theories on deviance set out in the text and discussed in lectures.