January 10th, 2018
the grass is singing by doris lessing
This paper provides a review of the grass is singing by Doris Lessing that:
1. Offers the writer’s overall opinion of the book and the basis upon which this opinion has been formulated
2. Identifies the author’s thesis, its context and its subsequent development
3.Identifies the author’s aims and how well have they have been achieved, especially with regard to the way the book is organized
4. discusses how the author’s main points are presented, explained, and supported?
5. highlights how effectively the author draws claims from the material being presented.
6. discusses the conclusions that the author reaches and how clearly they are stated
7. Identifies the assumptions made by the author in both the approach to and the writing of the book.
8. Identifies any underlying philosophy of history held by the author (e.g., progress, decline, cyclical, linear, and random)
9. discusses how the author sees history as being motivated: primarily by the forces of individuals, economics, politics, social factors, nationalism, class, race, gender, something else.
10. Discusses whether the author’s presentation seems fair and accurate.